“I’ve enjoyed being the Treasurer for Nutrition First this past year and a half. I have been able to expand my skills with QuickBooks, and enjoyed getting to know the various board members. I was able to attend the NWA leadership conference in DC and was able to be an advocate for our WIC families and programs in Washington State. It was a great opportunity to learn from other WIC programs and to learn from and interact with legislative staff and see that side of our program. This has been a wonderful experience and have been so glad to be a part of such a wonderful program with a great vision and passion that speaks to me personally and look forward to many more years ahead with this program.” Stacey Busey, Nutrition First Board of Directors Treasurer 2015-present.
Are you looking to try something new and/or to broaden your life experience?
Are you committed to supporting and promoting breastfeeding, good nutrition and equitable access to healthy food through education and advocacy?
What does the board do? Members of the Board govern and are responsible for all activities of Nutrition First. The Board is responsible for approving the budget, establishing goals, and planning events.
What type of work experience do Board Members need? If you are reading this you are qualified! We are looking for a diverse group of board members who want to support the mission of Nutrition First and grow together.
What are the Board Member responsibilities?
- Uphold the Nutrition First Vision and Mission.
- Serve a two-year board term.
- Actively participate in monthly board meetings via conference call. (2nd Friday of the month, 12:00-1:00).
- Participate in 2 in-person meetings per year. (Typically in the greater Seattle area, fall and spring).
- Dedicate an average of 1-2 hours per week to Nutrition First communication, projects and planning.
- Volunteer to help at one or more Nutrition First Training or Advocacy Event per year (registration fee waived for Board Members).
- Help plan the 2017 All State WIC Meeting!
Note for RD’s: Professional Leadership Holding an elected or appointed office in a dietetics or dietetics-related national, state, or district organization that contributes to the acquisition of leadership skills and professional development can be awarded CPEUs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact email@example.com by October 31.