Full Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Registered Dietitian and WIC Coordinator EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/19/2022
APPROVED BY: Brandy Taylor Dept: Medical
About Country Doctor Community Health Center: Country Doctor Community Health Center (CDCHC), is a not-for-profit organization that operates two primary care clinics, After-Hours Clinic, a school-based health center, and a Dental clinic. Our Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center was founded by the Seattle Black Panther Party more than 50 years ago in Seattle’s Central District Area, and our Country Doctor Community Clinic was established in 1971 by the residents of the Capitol Hill community to provide affordable and comprehensive primary health care services. Our founding principles of social justice live on today. We care for patients from around the region and the world, of all ages, gender identities, and abilities, including people with and without health insurance. Our staff works with a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and dynamic individuals who share our commitment to health equity.
This position will provide nutritional support services and counseling to the obstetrical and general medicine patients of CDCHC clinic sites.
- This position will follow up with referrals from providers requesting nutritional support for patients including keeping providers informed of the plan of care
- This position will meet with patients enrolled in the Maternity Support Services (MSS) program to provide nutrition services per the requirements of the program, will consult with the members of the MSS team, make a record of patient visits
- This position will also be responsible for administering and implementing the WIC Program at CDCC, including certification and nutrition counseling for WIC participants, recordkeeping, supervision of WIC certifier, and compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Maintain caseload for WIC, doing outreach and making referrals to other care providers as necessary
- Stay current with CASCADES program updates
- Prepare regular reports for the clinic and health department as required
- Monitor for compliance with all Federal and State regulations
- Certify WIC participants according to WIC regulations, including checking heights, weights, and dietary intakes for women, infants, and children
- Provide nutrition education for WIC participants
- Counsel patients on issues of breastfeeding, parenting, domestic violence, and other issues in their lives and make referrals as appropriate
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education or related field
Current BLS Certification
Experience working with low-income people of diverse ethnic backgrounds
Experience with community health
Knowledge of nutritional needs of patients of various ages and health conditions
Efficient in EPIC Health Care information systems (preferred)
Ability to communicate clearly with clients, community, and team members
Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
Ability to learn and use Epic effectively
Ability to effectively perform the job under high levels of activity, a variety of conditions, and restraints
Ability to prioritize and follow through with administrative and service coordination tasks
Ability to interact and work well with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
$64,459.20 – 90,750.40 /Per semi-monthly pay period; Salary based on experience; this is an exempt, salaried full-time position.
We provide a robust suite of benefits to all employees working 17.5 hours a week or more. Benefits include the choice of three medical plans (2 PPO and 1 HMO), two dental plans, long-term disability insurance programs, as well as life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Also, employees have access to flexible spending accounts, subsidizes up to 50 % of the cost of an ORCA pass, and a generous safe harbor 401K plan with a 3 % base employer contribution plus an additional 2% discretionary match, depending on the amount employee contributes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.99 – $43.63 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers is passionate about serving patients of all ethnicities, races, genders, gender identities, languages, and backgrounds, and employing individuals who are equally committed to this mission. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, we strive to promote policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with patients, with our coworkers, and with the community.
How do you think your past or current experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our patients and staff?
- Epic: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)
Work Location: One location