Any interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Department, e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to refer to “Registered Dietitian” in the subject of your email.
Read further for job details and what they are looking for in the cover letter.
JOIN OUR TEAM – Registered Dietician
Country Doctor Community Health Centers (CDCHC) is a not for profit organization that operates two Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), as well as our After-Hours Clinic. Our Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center was founded by the Seattle Black Panther Party more than 40 years ago in Seattle’s Central Area, and our Country Doctor Community Clinic was established in 1971 by the residents of the Capitol Hill community to provide affordable and comprehensive primary health care services – our founding principles of social justice live on today. We care for patients from around the region and the world, of all ages, gender identities, and abilities, including people with and without health insurance. Our staff works with a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and dynamic individuals who share our commitment to health equity. We are hiring for a mission-driven Registered Dietician.
This position will provide nutritional support services and counseling to the obstetrical and general medicine patients of CDCHC clinic sites.
- This position will follow up with referrals from providers requesting nutritional support for patients including keeping providers informed of the plan of care
- This position will meet with patients enrolled in the Maternity Support Services (MSS) program to provide nutrition services per the requirements of the program, will consult with the members of the MSS team, and make a record of patient visits
This position will also be responsible for administering and implementing the WIC Program at CDCC including certification and nutrition counseling for WIC participants, recordkeeping, and compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Maintain caseload for WIC, doing outreach and making referrals to other care providers as necessary
- Stay current with CASCADES program updates
- Prepare regular reports for the clinic and health department as required
- Monitor for compliance with all Federal and State regulations
- Certify WIC participants according to WIC regulations, including checking heights, weights, and dietary intakes for women, infants, and children
- Provide nutrition education for WIC participants
- Counsel patients on issues of breastfeeding, parenting, domestic violence, and other issues in their lives and make referrals as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education or related field
- Registered Dietician credentialing
- Current BLS Certification
- Experience working with low-income people of diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Experience with community health
- Knowledge of nutritional needs of patients of various ages and health conditions
- Efficient in EPIC Health Care information systems (preferred)
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, community and team members
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and use Epic effectively
- Ability to effectively perform the job under high levels of activity, variety of conditions and restraints
- Ability to prioritize and follow through with administrative and service coordination tasks
- Ability to interact and work well with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Salary: $61,942.40 – 82,825.60/Per semi-monthly pay period; Salary based on experience; this is an exempt, salaried full-time position.
Benefits: We provide a robust suite of benefits to all employees working 20 hours a week or more. Benefits include the choice of three medical plans (2 PPO and 1 HMO), two dental plans, short-term and long-term disability insurance programs, as well as life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Also, employees have access to flexible spending accounts, subsidizes up to 50 % of the cost of an ORCA pass, and a generous safe harbor 401K plan with a 3 % base employer contribution plus an additional 2% discretionary match, depending on the amount employee contributes.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please send a cover letter (see below) and resume to: Human Resources Department, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to refer to “Registered Dietitian” in the subject of your email.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Please address the following in your cover letter:
Country Doctor Community Health Centers is passionate about serving patients of all ethnicities, races, genders, gender identities, languages, and backgrounds, and employing individuals who are equally committed to this mission. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, we strive to promote policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with patients, with our coworkers, and with the community.
How do you think your past or current experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our patients and staff?