Thank you for your support of Nutrition First in 2018! We are pleased to share the highlights or our work that uphold our mission of supporting and promoting good nutrition, breastfeeding, and equitable access to healthy foods through education and advocacy.
- Hosted 6 different training opportunities with nearly 500 total attendees:
- Spring Nutrition Conference
- Advances in Lactation Conference
- Foundations in Lactation (Seattle and Spokane)
- Building on Foundations in Lactation (Seattle and Yakima)
- Met with all 10 Washington State Congressmen/women and our two Senators in Washington DC during the NWA Leadership Conference to share how and why WIC Works in Washington State.
- Provided a scholarship for one Local Agency WIC staff person to attend the NWA Leadership Conference in Washington DC.
- Provided advocacy alerts and shared information through our newsletter list reaching over 1200 individuals monthly.
- Presented awards to breastfeeding champions in our state:
- Dr. Ben Danielson received the MaryAnn O’Hara, MD, Physician Leadership Award
- Robin Glass received the Nancy Danoff, MD, Spirit of Service Award
Nutrition First wishes you a Happy Holiday Season and Best Wishes in the New Year!